Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fan Mail!

It's so good to hear from people who attend our programs, or just hear the buzz about them! Here's some notes we received recently.


Composting is EZ with Eliza Zazzera


My name is Aimee and I am a Dobbs Ferry resident (right down from South Church on Broadway). My partner and I have been to the church a few times and recently learned of the composting program held at the church through Roots & Wings. We've been looking for a composting option for our small apartment for some time now and would love to be able to drop them off at the Roots & Wings Community Garden. Might that be a possibility? 

With gratitude,
A.
* * * 

hi -- i live in ardsley and i was wondering if you take contributions to your compost -- we juice organic vegetables -- the juices include carrots, celery, apples, ginger, dandelion, parsley and cilantro so that is what is in the pulp -- i have been trying to find a place to donate it for compost -- thank you -- j.  

We replied:  
Thanks for reaching out.
We think it would be wonderful if you dropped off your compost at our bins. The best thing to do would be to come to The Kitchen Garden on a Saturday morning (10 AM - noon) and meet Marcello or Gabriela, two of the people who are most involved in The Kitchen Garden. The Kitchen Garden is behind South Church and our compost bins are right next to the garden. They would acclimate you to our bins and you could take it from there.


Tomato Sauce Making and Canning with Coco Zordan

Hi ladies,

Just wanted y’all to know that my penne a la vodka last night, using the sauce we made Saturday, was the best I have ever made! We did good. Thanks!

Warm regards,
E.

 * * * 
Dear all,

The bread, the quick sauce, the focaccia, the bread SO delicious.  I enjoyed meeting you all (Donna and Lenore, my friends from before, so much fun!). I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning...  Ellen, if you are willing, I would love your recipe for vodka sauce!

I look forward to the bread making class.  Coco, your focaccia is pure heaven....

Ciao to all and until the next time,

N
* * * 

I haven't used the sauce yet (except for some of the chunky sauce with Coco's delicious bread), but I had a lot of fun with all of you on Saturday and I am looking forward to trying the sauce. 

Thanks,

Our teacher Coco replied:
Great team work indeed! looking forward to creating more delicious recipes and have fun with you guys soon.
best
coco:)



No comments:

Post a Comment